Market participants need assurance about the quality of goods and services supplied. Based on a standard, for example, a supplier can have its product or service objectively assessed or tested by a laboratory, certification or inspection body.
If the result is good, the assessing organisation issues a Declaration of Conformity of the product or service. Usually, that Statement consists of a Certificate or a Declaration. This is why an assessing body is called a conformity declaration body.
Overview of standards and accreditations
Normec QS works in accordance with a number of international standards, namely:
- NEN-EN-ISO/IEC 17025 for test activities in their laboratory;
- NEN-EN-ISO/IEC 17020 for inspection activities as type A independent inspection company;
- NEN-EN-ISO/IEC 17065 for certification activities.
Normec QS’ operating companies are accredited by the Dutch Accreditation Council under RvA registrations L598, I248 and C602.
Hiernaast heeft Normec QS tevens een ministriële erkenning voor:
- In addition, Normec QS also has ministerial accreditation for:
Carrying out inspections for the purpose of issuing the Liquid-tight Facility Declaration (AS 6700) for the following protocols: AS 6701, AS 6702 and AS 6703.
- Carrying out inspections during the construction of work in which IBC building materials are used (AS 6900) for protocol AS 6901. Conducting inspections during the use phase of an IBC work (AS 6900) for protocol AS 6902.
Normec QS’s training and certification activities are recognised by:
- Certificatieregeling Kabelinfrastructuur en Buizenlegbedrijven (Stichting CKB)
- Opleidings- en ontwikkelingsfonds voor het Technisch Installatie Bedrijf (OTIB)
- Nederlands Normalisatie Instituut (NEN) voor opleiden, examineren en certificeren PE-elektrolassen NTA 8828